crating in Tampa, FL
Serving Tampa, FL
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK offers a full range of business packing and unpacking services. Trained professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need. We also sell boxes and packing supplies.
Many full-service movers provide customers the option of having all of their possessions packed before the move and later unpacked at the destination. However having your office staff pack themselves can be an effective way to economize your move.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK has compiled these tips to help your staff pack as safely and efficiently as possible and to make your entire moving experience easier.
- Start the packing process as soon as you know you're moving. Begin by discarding items you do not plan to use at your new work space. Shred paper documents that are not of use and have a large bin or dumpster available for everyone to purge as they pack.
- Reserve boxes to hold items you will need immediately, clearly label the boxes "Pack Last/Open First". This box should stand out and be distinguished from all other boxes, so it's easy for both you and the movers to spot. Also pack any plastic re-sealable bags full of pens, pencils, and paper clips into these boxes.
- Use small boxes. The heavier the item, the smaller the box. Smaller boxes are easier for you to organize and manage when you're unpacking. Avoid mixing contents from different offices in one box.
- Use labels. Post-it notes don't stay in place, especially when exposed to different climates. If post-it notes are used for organizing, secure them by using packing tape. Special furniture labels are recommended. Please note to check the type of adhesive as some labels will stick to furniture and leave a permanent residue. Every item to be moved should include a label. An organized move will decrease the amount of "down time" your company experiences during the transition.
- Label the top and sides of every box. Use multi-colored markers or labels to distinguish different departments from one another. Be sure to include the full names, along with directions for where each item will be placed at the new location.
- Be sure to secure the bottom and top of all boxes using packing tape.
- Take personal valuables, breakables, and plants home with you before the move and bring them back once the move is complete.
- Unplug all computer equipment and powered devices (including phones) from their receptacle and disconnected down to their component level. Don't forget to disconnect keyboards, mice, monitors, printers, and speakers from the computer.
- Use re-sealable plastic bags to store small, loose items. If you have a drawer full of pens, pencils, paper clips, etc., pack all of these items into re-sealable bags and put them into a clearly labeled box. Desks are likely to be tipped up on end by the movers so they can maneuver through tight spaces and doorways. Re-sealable bags are also great for packing screws, nuts, and bolts from any items that were disassembled for the move.
- Desks should be emptied of all fragile, small loose items that can shift during the move. Most desks are moved on their side and placed on a dolly for maneuverability through tight spaces and doorways. As a result, small items can fall through the cracks of the desk while moving.
- Lateral and fire proof file cabinets must be emptied. All cabinets will be tipped while being placed on and off of a dolly. The change in orientation puts a huge strain on the suspension of the drawers, and if they are full of files, the weight can damage the file cabinet. For safety, all file cabinets will be locked before they are moved. If you have a key to a cabinet, lock it after it has been emptied and put the key in a clearly marked bag to be packed with your "Pack Last/Open First" box. If you don't have a key, call the manufacturer or dealer of the cabinet and order a key by using the 3-4 digits engraved on the lock.
- Vertical files may be moved loaded. They are tipped from the back when placed on a dolly and the suspensions are much longer, which allows a greater distribution of weight. However, move the compression plates as far forward as possible to prevent the files from moving around during the move. If possible, fill voided spaces to prevent files from shifting during transit.
- Assign someone to pack and label shared or common areas. Copier stations, break rooms, etc. are frequently overlooked when packing because no one really "owns" those spaces. Empty supply cabinets that will be moving; office paper and supplies can be heavy, and the weight could cause stress for items made of thin metal or wood.
- Wall hangings: Whiteboards, bulletin boards, cork boards, literature holders, etc., should all be removed from the wall and marked as to room number or area they came from and room number or area to which they're moving.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Tampa offers a wide selection of competitively priced moving boxes and packing supplies. We deliver free of charge and will refund what you don't use.
Trained, professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need.
Get helpful packing and moving tips from the experts to make your move as easy as possible.
Our Service Area
- Apollo Beach
- Plant City
- Sun City Center